Saturday 19 January 2019

Week 3 Activity 1: Togs or Trackies?

Activity 1: Togs or Trackies?

I think that Summer is the best time to come and visit New Zealand because there are heaps of really good swimming spots to visit and its really hot.
The three things that I think that people should do when they are in our country are
1. Visit Hanmer. You can go to the hot pools, they are really cool. There are lots of fun mountain bike tracks. Mini Golf is another fun thing I like to do there.

2. Visit Nelson. You can swim at the beach, go on the bumper boats. Founders Park was lots of fun and really interesting.

3. Visit Dunedin. The butterfly sanctuary is really cool. You can walk up the worlds steepest street - Baldwin Street, The Moana Pool is fun too.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jake,

    You have come up with some great reasons as to why you think tourists should come visit our country in the summer. The hot weather sure is nice here! I've been to Australia as well as South Africa in the summer time and it honestly gets too hot to do anything! We're lucky that our summers hardly reach the 30 degrees Celsius mark otherwise we would be tired and exhausted everyday.

    That's an awesome list of things you have suggested that tourists can do when they come visit New Zealand, I can see that you have done your research, excellent work Jake! I've never been to any of those three places before but they're definitely going on my To-Visit list now so thank you for your suggestions. I think it's time for me to be a tourist in my own country now, haha!

    Have you been to all of those three places? If so, which place was your favourite to go to and which activity was your absolute favourite? I think I would really enjoy going to the butterfly sanctuary in Dunedin even though I'm terrified of insects. It's good to try new things!

    Keep up the hard work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.